The F1 races provide a benchmark for innovations that eventually find their way into the production series, and increasingly simulation constitutes the essential tool in this phase of technological innovation.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform makes it possible to automate and optimise a parametrisation guided by the individual priorities of each musician, and to integrate in a collaborative environment all activities from the initial design all the way to industrial production.
There is practically no industry or technical field that has not been strongly affected by simulation. But in the case of storage tanks for liquefied natural gas, they would have simply been impossible without it, at least with anything near the level of safety that we demand from them.
An interminable list of technical fields have benefitted from the sheer size of the efforts and investment contributed by the nuclear sector over the years. Numerical simulation is not an exception.
Principia has worked in over 70 projects involving wind turbines. Of those, roughly 75% concerned new designs for towers or foundations, various ground conditions, etc. But the other 25% dealt with problems experienced at existing installations.
Nowadays most industrial processes are amenable to simulation, which can be used to conceive, design, test, optimise, and verify the process and its possible modifications. Solar energy plants are not an exception.
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform allows companies like ExxonMobil to create a work environment for the future—where all components and software are digitally integrated, and employees can constantly collaborate with one another.
Forensic engineering covers the investigation of materials, products, structures or components that fail or do not operate as intended, causing personal injury, damage to property or economic loss. Principia has worked along those lines in a large variety of incidents.
Cloud-based platform technologies as 3DEXPERIENCE allow employees across a company to interact and problem-solve in real time using the same data and the same software
he design of many buildings and infrastructure must take vulnearbility threats into account. And, short of full-scale or real-life testing, simulation is the only tool that can guide the designer in that respect.